Thursday, April 26, 2007

Altered Book

This is an altered book I've just started. A friend of mine gave me a bag of ephemera, including a pile of old girl's annuals. This one is an old Mandy annual, and I'm altering it as a gift to give to her. It's quite challenging because the paper is quite thin, and the images are bold so lots of painting over, and sticking down of paper has been involved so far. I'll also see how I can incorporate some of the images in the book.

This is a page I cut in half horizontally.



2 comments:

Corinne said...

Bronwyn- I've enjoyed looking at your blog- I really like your journal pages. :)) AS to the new book to alter- leave some of those bold images and color showing through - it'll make great background! lol Have fun- I'm gkad you shared your link on the altered books group! hugs from a fellow alterer! Corinne

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your comments and suggestions - I will definately try your background suggestion and post the results

Thx
Bronwyn