Sunday, May 6, 2007

This and that

I found these two chinese tea tins in my local thrift shop. I love the rich colours - and the birds. I'm not sure what I'll do with them, probably display them somewhere in my house. They're too nice to alter, but maybe I'll use them as part of an assemblage some time....or maybe not.

Even the lids are gorgeous.

I drove past this beautiful pink tree the other day, all the fluffy soft bursting pinkness of it made such a wonderful contrast with the clear bright sky - I had to jump out of my car and take some pictures.


...and a journal page from a few weeks ago. We have the most magnificent thunder and lightning storms in Johannesburg, but winter is the dry season and I really miss the rain.
Today's quote:
"As the eagle soars in the endless blue, its shadow races after it, far below. Yet space does not divide: bird and shadow are linked. So too each act - each choice and consequence."
~Tibet, 18th century~

No comments: