Monday, June 18, 2007

Latest journal pages



I had a nice peaceful week-end. My brother-in-law stayed with us last week Thursday and Friday nights, and it was great to touch base and catch up on all the family news - they live in Grahamstown in the Eastern Cape. It's a university town, and my brother-in-law lectures in the media studies department at Rhodes. On Saturday morning we took our dog for a long walk in the Melville koppies, it was windy and refreshing. On Sunday afternoon we had a delicious lunch with my parents-in-law to celebrate father's day. The meal was accompanied by mulled red wine, very nice in the cold weather as long as you don't drink too much. My parents are overseas on holiday, so I didn't get to see my father. They're currently in Atlanta, and then are going on to Boston, Providence, Martha's Vineyard and Halifax in Nova Scotia. Then they go to Cracow in Poland, and Prague in Czecoslovakia. I hope they enjoy their travels, I know they will, they both worked hard all their lives, and they really deserve this opportunity to travel now that all the birds have fled the nest and they are both retired.

No comments: