Saturday, September 22, 2007

Laura Ashley (and me)






Some inspiration from Laura Ashley. I love the pallettes they've used and the way they combine diferent colours. Very elegant and luxurious, and not too cluttered. I also like the patterned fabrics and wallpapers.


I think my main decor problem is that my two favourite styles are a simple, uncluttered cottage/coutry look with a slight French accent and a definite Scandinavian influence. Then on the other hand, I absolutely love mid century modern and that late sixties up until mid seventies influence. And I don't think the two go particularly well together. At the moment my house is a bit of a mish mash of things I like, but it's badly in need of a bit of reorganising and primping up. I'm going to have to find a way of combing the very different things that I like in a way that works. Well, at least decorating is fun.....

No comments: