Saturday, June 21, 2008

Hello again....

I am officially awarding myself the world's worst blogger prize...from being one of the most prolific bloggers out there, I have now sadly become an infrequent updater....I don't want to make empty promises, but I am going to TRY update more often!!!

I want to thank everyone who commented on my last post. Your heartfelt and compassionate words helped to uplift my mood during a difficult time and I am grateful for your kindness. Thankfully the situation has improved and the government here is doing a lot to help all those who were affected. The South African media and public came out in full force to condemn the xenophobic violence and I just hope that nothing like this ever happens again.




And even in troubled times I am reminded that life goes on. These gorgeous roses are from my parents-in-law's garden. I took the photo's last Sunday when we visited them on Father's Day. Today is Winter Solstice, from now on the days will get longer as we move towards summer. Luckily, we've actually had quite a mild winter this year.The weird thing is that we had lots of rain over night, and it never rains in the middle of winter, we are a summer rainfall region here in Johannesburg....and my jasmine which flower in spring are already starting to bloom....global warming?






I took these pics last Sunday during a family breakfast out. These little angels are my nephews and niece Micheal, Aiden and Kayla. When I'm with them I often feel like a child myself and find myself colouring in alongside them.

No comments: